Sunday 25 May 2008

Kareena has clean bowled Pritam

Kareena Kapoor has just danced with Shahrukh Khan for the second time. It's for Priyadarshan's Billoo Barbar. And its composer Pritam Chakraborty is sure that it will be a smash hit like Kareena's other item song 'Yeh Mera Dil' with Shahrukh in Don. Says Pritam, "The Don song was a re-mix. My item song 'Theek Hai Theek Hai' sung by Sunidhi Chauhan and Sukhwinder for Kareena and Shahrukh in Billo Barbar is an absolute original. And if today I'm doing my most creatively satisfying work, I give Kareena a lot of credit for it." What is it about Kareena Kapoor that our new-age composers get inspired by her? Earlier he wasn't supposed to do the music in Golmaal Returns. "But then I heard Kareena is part of the sequel. And I kicked myself, 'Shit I wish I could do it.' To my good fortune Vishal-Shekhar who were supposed to do Golmaal Returns, backed out. I jumped in, rang up Shekhar and asked him, 'Tu nahin kar rahan hai?' When he confirmed they were out, I was over the moon.